Buy together and save even more
Buy together: $49.48 (save 18%)
3.61% of people buy The Alchemist: A Graphic Novel and Songs of the Dying Earth : Stories in Honour of Jack Vance ~ Paperback ~ George R.R. Martin (Edited by).
Since its first printing The Alchemist has sold forty million copies worldwide, a modern classic that will inspire and change the lives of readers for generations to come.
A magical fable about learning to listen to your heart, read the omens strewn along life’s path and, above, all follow your dreams…
Beautifully illustrated, the Graphic Novel version will be treasured by fans of the text book as well as readers new to the story.
“My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer,” the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky. “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams.”…
Andalusian shepherd boy Santiago travels from his homeland in Spain to the Egyptian desert in search of a treasure buried in the Pyramids. Along the way he meets a Gypsy woman, a man who calls himself king, and an alchemist, all of whom point Santiago in the direction of his quest. No one knows what the treasure is, or if Santiago will be able to surmount the obstacles along the way. But what starts out as a journey to find worldly goods turns into a discovery of the treasure found within.
A beautiful hardback that's perfect for giving…
Reviews for The Alchemist: A Graphic Novel
- "This modern classic, a celebrity…translates perfectly to the graphic-novel genre, enlivening the story of Santiago’s search for treasure from Spain to Tangier and across the Egyptian desert.” USA Today
- “It's been Paul Coelho's dream to have his book illustrated and it was certainly worth the wait. His famous novel The Alchemist has touched so many of his readers in finding their own personal legends. To say this book is a gem is probably an understatement. While for the longest time I've wanted to read this, now I regret putting that thought aside. So after my usual strolls at the bookstore, I found its graphic edition, fell in love with the illustrations and finally found the time to read it. I was immediately blown away. It's filled with adventure after adventure. A book like no other that right after finishing it I was craving to get the full text novel…Highly recommended!” waveavenue
- "“The bright, vivid, sometimes even sexy (is that weird to say?) illustrations bring new life to the classic story and remind us why it’s one of the best-selling books of all time.” marieclaire.com
Reviews for The Alchemist
- “A wise and inspiring fable about the pilgrimage that life should be.” M. Scott Peck
- “A sweetly exotic tale for young and old alike.” Publishers Weekly
- “A remarkable tale about the most magical of all journeys: the quest to fulfill one’s destiny.” Anthony Robbins
- “A poetic book with very big ideas about life, faith and destiny from Brazil's best-known novelist. Through the simple tale of the adventures of an Andalusian shepherd boy who sets out to make a fortune but instead finds treasure within himself, Coelho weaves a magical fable with an important and inspiring message: ‘To realize one’s destiny is a person's only real obligation.' Beautifully written, here is a story that will stay with you long after you've finished reading it.” Kirkus UK
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
Customers who purchased this also purchased...
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.