Inspired by Asian mythology and fused with science fiction, Asura's Wrath is an Action game in which players take on the role of the demigod Asura, and take on his quest for justice and revenge against the divine powers that cast him from heaven.
The game utilizes a “Beat-em Up” gameplay mechanic and an episodic narrative storyline rooted in Asian mythology and sci-fi traditions. Additional features include: a range of unique enemies, planetary sized bosses, a second playable character and a devastating attack system.
“…part rollercoaster, part anime blockbuster and part stress-ball” Eurogamer 8/10
Long ago in the realm of Shinkoku, eight deities known as “The Eight Guardian Generals” battled to protect civilization from a destructive force known only as Gohma. Asura was one of the most prominent of this group. During the victory celebration, the Emperor of Shinkoku was assassinated in a sinister plot and the blame was placed on Asura. In the middle of the commotion, Asura's wife was also murdered and his daughter kidnapped. With even his brother-in-law and rival Yasha turning against him, Asura was banished from Shinkoku. Awoken by a voice after 12,000 years, Asura vows revenge on all those who have betrayed him…
With unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction, Asura's Wrath delivers a fresh take on the action gaming genre. Combining intense combat with a seamless player-controlled narrative, Asura's Wrath introduces a brand new style of action game. Players will control Asura in a blend of action and cinematic sequences taking an active role in the gameplay direction.
Asura's Wrath finds Asura facing off against numerous distinct enemies, including planetary sized bosses. Through a mix of range attacks and visceral close quarter action players will fill Asura's ‘Burst Gauge,’ unleashing the full force of his rage and delivering devastating attacks on those who betrayed him. Asura's story of revenge is told through episodic gameplay, taking the player on a journey of highs and lows and adopting a structure that is similar to a TV drama series.
Key Game Features
- Innovative Setting and Story – Fusing Asian mythology with sci-fi, Asura's Wrath's universe is truly unique
- New Type of Action Game – Asura's Wrath seamlessly blends action with narrative, adopting an episodic nature more akin to a TV drama series
- Relentless Action – Asura's Wrath keeps placing gamers in tight situations and says ‘now get out of that’
- Second Playable Character – Play as Asura's rival Yasha and adopt a different playing style, traveling at lightning fast speed across environments
- Rage Never Dies – Build up Asura's Burst Gauge to unleash devastating attacks on those who betrayed him 12,000 years ago
- What the…? – A range of unique enemies and planetary sized bosses will continually challenge players' expectations
- Collaboration with CyberConnect2 – Asura's Wrath continues Capcom's strategy of partnering with the best developers to produce titles to compliment its own internal projects
“CyberConnect2's heavenly dust-up is energetic, exhilarating and often completely overwhelming…part rollercoaster, part anime blockbuster and part stress-ball. The end result may stretch the definition of a video game, perhaps, but it's also extremely hard to get angry about.” 8/10 – Eurogamer
“Asura's Wrath is not like any game you will ever have played before. This is, self-evidently, an excellent thing – and a rare one, if you've been playing games for a long time. It is an attempt at a new kind of interactive entertainment, one much closer to living, breathing anime than traditional action game. It delivers a story that's up there with the best gaming has to offer in terms of visual spectacle, but in doing so, it stays very close to the conventions of film, and rather shies away from actually being a game…I can’t help but love Asura’s Wrath for having the bravery to try something completely new. It sets out to be a new kind of interactive animation, and it succeeds completely at that. But a game this light on actual content is difficult to justify as a full-price release.” 7.5/10 – IGN
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
Customers who purchased this also purchased...
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.