Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010
is played from a first-person perspective featuring a combination of mission play and mini-games that make up the already mentioned hunting trials. Players are guided through structured mission play by their in-game sponsor who contacts them, points them in the right direction and offers tips and warnings in the field as the hunt makes its way across the globe. In each hunt players are graded on a variety of skills ranging from safe navigation across dangerous wilderness terrain, animal tracking, and their abilities at stalking from cover and making clean, efficient kills. Players track game and find their way around the environment using "Hunter's Sense," a type of bullet time in which evidence of animals, varied available cover options to shoot from, specific animal locations and their level of alertness can be seen in a temporarily, slowed down view with on-screen color-coated indicators revealing each. More rapid player movement, including sprint functionality, is available in regular view. Once an animal is sighted in the players weapon scope varying possible point totals are visible on the animal according to where it might be hit with a projectile. These include strikes to the heart, spine, lung and head. During hunts players can quickly and easily change weapons at the push of a button as the trophy animal persuaded requires. In-game weapons range from a variety of rifles, pistols, bows and more which can be unlocked as the game progresses. The ability to correctly use all graded skills gains the player points and medals for each animal players are tasked to bag.
In addition to the mission play of big game membership trials, Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 also features arcade style, timed mini-game hunts. These are spread throughout the game and feature a mix of birds and small game. Success in these serves the dual purpose of providing the opportunity of challenging marksmanship practice, without penalization in the main campaign and the chance to build experience points in your overall progression.
- Story based action with story written by Brian Andrew Gomez, with 'Clive Barker's Jericho' as co-creator, director and writer.
- Comprehensive reward system will give instantaneous feedback for your performance. Use cover points to earn high scores and earn club points to unlock new areas.
- Incredible terrain challenges including sheer cliff faces, escape avalanches and cross raging streams.
- VITALS Shooting Mechanic simulates controlled breathing, enabling you to dial in your crosshairs and lock on for the perfect shot.
- Mini-games featuring fast-paced hunting action of waterfowl, upland birds, small game.