Set in the time period between Episode II leading into Episode III, Star Wars Republic Commando covers both new and familiar environments. The game features more than thirteen levels with missions spanning an assasination attempt of a Seperatist leader in the arena and catacombs of Geonosis to the introduction of the mysterious General Grievous and his deadly bodyguards from the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III.
Developed and published by LucasArts, Star Wars Republic Commando features an enhanced version of the acclaimed Unreal engine technology. The game will also offer multiplayer capabilities including deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag.
- First opportunity to explore the dark, military side of the Star Wars universe.
- Sneak peak at Episode III location and introduction of new Episode III character.
- Experience over fifteen massive levels featuring intense missions with hostage rescue, infiltration/data retrieval, assassination, assault, sabotage and reconnaissance assignments.
- Choose from a deadly arsenal of twelve new and authentic weapons including the primary Republic Commando firearm, the DC-17m and secondary weapon the DC-15s Blaster Pistol, as well as enemy weapons such as the Trandoshan Slaver Shotgun and Geonosian Elite Beam Weapon.
- Explore eight diverse environments including the hostile surface and subterranean setting of the planet Geonosis, the massive machine-like interiors of a Separatist Core Ship, a disabled and overrun Republic Assault Ship and the lower jungles and tree cities of the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk.
- Encounter highly intelligent and varied enemies including Super Battle Droids, Droidekas, Geonosian Drones and Warriors and Trandoshan Scavenger Droids and Trandoshan Mercenaries.
- Innovative squad combat utilizing intuitive and accessible "smart squad" command system featuring squad markers and stances.
- Multi-player capabilities including deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag.
Operating System: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer required
CPU: Pentium III or Athlon 1.0 GHz or faster CPU required
Memory: 256MB RAM required
Graphics Card: 64MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) capability required
Sound Card: 100DirectX 9.0c compatible Audio Device
CD-ROM: 8X Speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive required
Input Device: Keyboard and Mouse required
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD
NOTE: Your system may require the "latest" drivers for your particular hardware
Installation: 2 GB of free hard disk space required. Additional free space required after game installation for Windows swap file and save games
CPU: Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, or Athlon XP 2400 2.0 GHz or faster CPU recommended
Memory: 512MB RAM recommended
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForceFX 5700 or higher
Local Area Network Play: Supports up to 16 players via Local Area Network
Internet Play: Supports up to 16 players via 56Kps or faster connection to the Internet
Internet Hosting: Broadband connection required
Video Chipsets Supported at Time of Release:
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI Radeon 9x00 Family
ATI Radeon Xx00 Family
IntelR GMA Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce3 Family
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti Family
NVIDIA GeForceFX Family
NVIDIA GeForce 6 Family
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
You might also consider...
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.