To celebrate 40 years of their Military Miniatures series, Tamiya has released this all new tooling of the German Jagdtiger, the heaviest and most powerful armored fighting vehicle fielded in WWII!
There had been rumors that the road wheels and other parts were from their previous King Tiger kits, but we have confirmed that this kit is indeed entirely all new.
The rough-textured cast surface of the mantlet and uneven surfaces of the rolled armor plates of the hull are extremely well done. The interior features basic detail, including the fighting compartment floor. The main gun breech detail is very nicely done, and the sponsons are fully floored. Tracks are provided as both detailed one-piece flexible belts and excellent link-and-length injection-molded assemblies–your choice!
Rear doors of the fighting compartment open and close. The road wheels are rendered in multiple parts for increased detail and realism. Another great feature of this kit is that the fighting compartment roof is a separate part, allowing the modeler to leave it loose on the model so the interior can be viewed after assembly, or model it as a destroyed vehicle, which period photos often show as having had the roof blown off by internal explosions. It's great to have choices.
Includes commander and driver half-figures, plus markings for five versions. Join Tamiya in celebrating 40 years of the Military Miniatures series with this fantastic release!
- Completely new design.
- Interior details such as the gun breach area and the floor boards are reproduced.
- Commander and driver torso figures included.
- 5 kinds of markings for the 653rd Heavy Tank Battalion included.
- Along with its extended hull, the spare track link racks and jack are also realistically reproduced.
- The separately molded disc parts of the road wheels add extra depth to the model.
- Two kinds of tracks are included; easy to assemble belt type and connectible assembly type.
- A choice of stowed or extended traveling clamps.
- Photo-etched parts for the engine intake protective net included.
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.