- Dolby Digital Stereo
THE TOPP TWINS: UNTOUCHABLE GIRLS is a big story. It's not just the story of two sisters but also of 25 years of New Zealand history. Quarter a century of cultural changes and the foundation of a national identity. Part concept film, part biopic, part historical record, part comedy, the Twins share their journey from "coming out" to Jools' recent brush with Breast Cancer with much laughter, honesty and wisdom.
It is a film about two truly unique New Zealanders which ends up saying as much about us as it does about them.
* Beginnings - 23.53
* Jailbirds - 3.26
* Fishing - 2.06
* Paradise (including image gallery) - 3.1
* Tim Finn Interview - 1.51
* Brian Sweeney Interview - 2.18
* Dave Dobbyn Interview - 4.18
* John Clarke Interview - 2.27
* Emma Lange Interview - 1.28
* Director Leanne Pooley - Why A Topp Twins Movie - 1.27
- And that's The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls' greatest triumph - the narrative weaves the Twins' lives with major social events - and effortlessly shows how these icons have become a Kiwi heritage property - TVNZ
- 5 STARS - Best thing: This is hard to choose. Their parents could easily carry a show on their own, but in the end it is the backstage footage of the sisters giving each other a bit of the borax. - Otago Daily Times
- This lovely little doco will warm the cockles of any heart, and made me feel proud to call myself a Kiwi. - Kate Rodger TV3 News (4 Stars)
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might just yodel. - Russell Bailey Nz Herald (4 Stars)
A great mix of laughter and heart-felt emotion. Andreas Heinemann, Flicks.co.nz
Very funny, very moving guaranteed to leave the theatre with a spring in your step and a song in your heart. Margaret Agnew, The Press, Christchurch
Funny, poignany, courageous See it. The Dominion Post, Wellington
How often is a film puncuate by laughs and clapping and ends with an ovation? It has a deserved 5 star rating. This film is not to be missed. The Waikato Times, Hamilton
Heart-warming. Its a hilarious musical romp. This film will leave you feeling proud to be a New Zealander. The NZ Womens Weekly
10 out of 10 Brilliant entertainment, everyone will love it, the best Kiwi film in years. Steve Gray, TVNZ Good Morning
Remarkable funny, moving this is a lovely film. The Listener
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
You might also consider...
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.