Rayman Origins: a co-op comic adventure set in a lush, 2D world, teeming with unexpected secrets and outlandish enemies.
“…downright gorgeous and a total blast to play alone or with friends…at the top of its genre.” 9.5/10 – IGN
“..a wonderful 2D platformer whose goofy charm will have you smiling all the way through.” 8.5/10 – Gamespot
- A Massive Universe to Explore – Rayman Origins includes over 100 characters, 12 unique worlds and over 60 levels of 2D platforming gameplay designed for all ages and playing styles.
- Crazy Moves & Gameplay – Rayman, Globox and the Teensies gain unique abilities as they progress through the adventure, including swimming, diving, slapping and the sensational “HairlyCopter.”
- Epic Boss Fights – A giant pink monster with hundreds of eyes… A possessed, mountainous golem… An evil daisy-cum-carnivorous plant… Rayman Origins will put players to the test with these and many more challenging boss battles!
- 4-Player, Jump-In/Jump-Out, Co-op Gameplay – Play on the same screen as Rayman in the solo campaign, or have up to three friends jump in at any time to play as Globox or as one of the two Teensies.
- Rebirth of a Platforming Legend – Discover the roots of Rayman by encountering classic characters & collecting and assembling pieces of the Glade’s history to reveal the truth behind Rayman’s origins.
REVIEW BY IGN
“…Is it possible for a game in this era to recapture the magic that inspired this industry to begin, while still proving itself a capable, full-fledged experience under modern scrutiny? In the case of Ubisoft's Rayman Origins, the answer is "slapsolutely.” …It’s downright gorgeous and a total blast to play alone or with friends. A truly realized vision at the top of its genre, Rayman Origins is an extravaganza with plenty of action to keep it fresh from start to finish and beyond." 9.5/10
IGN RATINGS FOR RAYMAN ORIGINS (X360)
The story is bare bones, but you’re not here for that. From the quirky characters to the treasure map hub world and incredible locales, Rayman exudes style and never lets up the hilarity.
Ubisoft drew up a one of a kind style and stuck to it to create one of the prettiest and downright pleasing video games ever created.
The soundtrack matches the pacing and presentation perfectly by each stage, but the inane babbling of some of the secondary characters can feel a little repetitive.
Excellent controls, laugh out loud co-op and a great sense of challenge and accomplishment. This is platforming at its finest.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
No online multiplayer, but get some friends together and this is one of the meatiest games in its league with tons to explore, unlock and revisit.
(out of 10)
REVIEW BY GAMESPOT
“Rayman Origins is a wonderful 2D platformer whose goofy charm will have you smiling all the way through.”
THE GOOD – Beautifully detailed art design, Absurdly charming sense of humor, Difficult portions never feel cheap, Precise, reliable controls, Plenty of variety.
THE BAD – Inconsistent bosses, Unlocking later levels requires scouring for collectibles.
“…Whether you choose to approach this adventure by your lonesome or with three friends, the fact remains that this is a charming, gorgeous, and thoroughly entertaining 2D platforming experience. Rayman Origins draws a lot from the past, but it does so while managing to feel fresh and full of life. This is one worthwhile journey no matter which era it's from.” 8.5/10
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
Customers who purchased this also purchased...
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.