R/W(Max) 560MB/s/530MB/s | V-NAND
The SSD to trust
The newest edition to the world’s best-selling SATA SSD series, the Samsung 860 EVO. Specially designed for mainstream PCs and laptops, with the latest V-NAND and a robust algorithm-based controller, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
Speeds are more consistent, even with heavy workloads and multi-tasks. The 860 EVO performs at sequential writes up to 520 MB/s with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential reads up to 550 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB for faster file transfer.
Safely store and render large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications, up to 8× higher TBW (Terabytes Written) than the previous 850 EVO. The latest V-NAND technology gives you up to 2,400 TBW, or is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility. Our advanced engineering makes the 860 EVO more compatible with your computing system.
Multi form factors
Whatever size your computer needs, there is an 860 EVO for you. Choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 (2280) or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing devices.)
- Management software – Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Firmware update – Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
- Perf. benchmark – Check your SSD†s sequential and random read/write speeds, so you can maintain superb performance.
- Data security – Protect data by selecting security options. The 860 EVO supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and is compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1667.
- Application – Client PCs
- Capacity – 512 GB (1 GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA)
- Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor – 2.5 inch
- Interface – SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- Dimension (WxHxD) – 100 X 69.85 X 6.8 (mm)
- Weight – Max 50.0g
- NAND Type – Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC
- Controller – Samsung MJX Controller
- Cache Memory – Samsung 512 MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support – TRIM Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support – S.M.A.R.T Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection) – Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support – AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN Support – World Wide Name supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support – Yes
- Sequential Read – Up to 560 MB/s Sequential Read
- Sequential Write – Up to 530 MB/s Sequential Write
- Random Read (4KB, QD32) – Up to 100,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Write (4KB, QD32) – Up to 90,000 IOPS Random Write
- Random Read (4KB, QD1) – Up to 11,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Write (4KB, QD1) – Up to 43,000 IOPS Random Write
- Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Power Consumption – Average: 2.0 W | Maximum: 4.0 W (Burst mode)
- Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Reliability (MTBF) – 2 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature – 0 – 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock – 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)