“…players looking for a highly entertaining shooter should look no further. Vanquish will keep you on the edge of your multi-thruster booster seat.” 8.5/10 – IGN
The story takes place on a vast space station in a near future world where nations war over the planet’s remaining energy resources. Against this backdrop, players take the role of Sam Gideon, a government agent kitted out with a futuristic battle suit. A versatile fighter with a huge arsenal of weaponry at his disposal, Sam also has an array of martial arts skills that he can use to take down his robot enemies.
- Fast, fluid and frenetic – This is gaming at its most explosive and exciting, as you storm into battle.
- Experience a game character like no other – Sam is the ultimate weapon, donning a futuristic battle suit of destructive firepower and superhuman speed and agility.
- Wage war in space – Fight your way through the enormous, open environments of the space station. The most advanced, futuristic city in the skies becomes home to the action.
- Genre breaker – Taking the shooter genre to the next level by adding unique offensive and defensive moves, and kinetic melee combat.
- Challenge and competition – VANQUISH will rate players on a variety of statistics, rewarding them for quick reflexes and strategic thinking, ensuring they will want to play the levels again and again.
Review by IGN
"…Vanquish is a stylish, spectacular looking game with great gunplay and some stunning set pieces. Although the game's story and character development pale in comparison to the action, I had a great time with Vanquish from the in-game tutorial all the way to the ending credits. Even though Mikami's latest creation is difficult at times, players looking for a highly entertaining shooter should look no further. Vanquish will keep you on the edge of your multi-thruster booster seat.
IGN RATINGS FOR VANQUISH (PS3)
Vanquish has an impressive level of polish. The story and character development, however, aren't engaging.
Vanquish is a chaotic, detailed spectacle of bullets and booster rockets. Organic sections are less impressive than the inorganic settings, but overall this game looks awesome.
The music in Vanquish is a fitting electronic affair. There are a surprising number of language tracks here, including Japanese, French and Italian, along with solid English performances.
Enjoyable gunplay mixed with weapon power-ups, arcade-style scoring and an insanely fast boosting mechanic to traverse levels in a flash. Marvelous action set pieces.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
The campaign will only take six to seven hours to complete. Fortunately there are challenge stages to fight waves of enemies in a focused battle scenario, but Vanquish could have lasted a bit longer.
(out of 10)
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)