True 5.1 Surround without Rear Speakers!
The GT5051 is a genuine 5.1 surround sound system with a twist. The "rear" speakers sit on top of the "front" speakers, so there are no rear speaker wires to deal with. Altec Lansing’s patent-pending Side- Firing Surround™ technology enables vertical stacking because it provides the reflected surround sound that makes music or sound effects rich and immediate. The top speakers are situated at the optimal angle to deliver the clashes, the zooms, and all the sonic nuances—complete with sharp highs and clean midtones. Full-bodied sounds come from the bottom or "front" speakers. A center channel offers crystal-clear movie dialog, while a ported subwoofer completes the sound spectrum with low-frequency, full-throated bass you can feel. Whether you’re a gamer, movie aficionado, or music lover, you’ll appreciate the elegant simplicity and no-holds-barred sound quality of the Altec Lansing GT5051 speaker system.
* Outstanding Performance – Bring your favorite games and movies to life in vivid surround sound.
* Surround Sound with Simplicity – Unique, patent-pending Side-Firing Dipole Surround™ technology delivers the crystal-clear dialogue and surround sound excitement of your favorite movies and games in just two vertical stacks, a center speaker, and a subwoofer.
* Dual-Mode Selector – Each listening mode is specially engineered to provide outstanding performance.
• Use the 6-Channel Surround Mode with a 6-channel sound card to thrill your senses with the vivid, panoramic experience of true surround sound.
• Use the 2/4 Channel Mode to enjoy immersive six-speaker sound from any source – CD players, MP3 players, or your standard 2 or 4-channel sound card.
* Exceptional Bass – Rattle the room with low frequency bass from the 5.25" ported woofer set in a low-resonance wooden cabinet.
* Multiple Input Options – Connect a computer, a portable audio device, and a DVD, TV or Gaming Console all at the same time.
* Remote Control Included
* Also Features – A headphone jack for private listening, shielded satellites for use near video monitors, and color-coded cables for easy installation.