The Crysis Maximum Edition contains:
- Crysis Warhead
- Crysis Wars
From the makers of Far Cry, Crysis offers FPS fans the best-looking, most highly-evolving gameplay, requiring the player to use adaptive tactics and total customization of weapons and armor to survive in dynamic, hostile environments including Zero-G.
Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. The ship generates an immense force sphere that freezes a vast portion of the island and drastically alters the global weather system. Now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace. With hope rapidly fading, you must fight epic battles through tropical jungle, frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G showdown.
- A unique three-act structure forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt constantly to an ever-changing world.
- Encounter a frightening and totally original alien species-they use their senses intelligently and work together to present the most challenging enemy yet in an FPS.
- Control of a variety of land, sea, and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats, and helicopters.
- Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose an ever-present threat.
- 32-player multiplayer with real-time armor and weapons customization, plus an all-new multiplayer mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
- Emergent gameplay means that in-game actions affect future outcomes and give each player a unique experience.
- Highly robust and easy-to-use mod toolset allows players to create their own expansive levels for both multiplayer and single-player modes.
- The CryENGINE 2 engine delivers the most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system, and enemy Al.
In Crysis Warhead, players will don the Nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, also known as 'Psycho', one of the most memorable characters from Crysis.
More brash and aggressive than his Delta Force squadmate Nomad, players will experience Psycho's parallel story during the events of the original game, finding that life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined. Luckily, Psycho's Nanosuit is just as capable and he's equipped with an even bigger arsenal of fully customizable weapons and new vehicles, giving players access to the tools they need to dominate any situation. Aside from this new, exciting single player campaign, Crysis Warhead will also feature new multiplayer content.
Crysis Wars is the multiplayer suite for Crytek's award-winning Crysis franchise. Typically available as part of the critically-acclaimed Crysis Warhead package, the game segment has also been made available as a downloadable component.
Crysis Wars includes: Three diverse multiplayer modes including InstantAction, TeamInstantAction and PowerStruggle. 21 maps ranging from large battlefields to smaller, more intimate battlegrounds with a diverse array of settings ranging from beaches to graveyards. All weapons and vehicles released within the Crysis Universe.