D-Link's DES-1005D is a powerful 5 port 10/100Mbps desktop switch that is an ideal choice for small workgroups.
The DES-1005D allows users to simply plug any port to either a 10Mbps Ethernet or 100Mbps Fast Ethernet network for compatibility, convenience, and faster connection. The switch comes in a small compact size designed for easy installation and high performance. The DES-1005D eliminates unnecessary traffic and relieves data congestion by delivering dedicated bandwidth for each of the five ports.
Each port on the DES-1005D supports automatic MDI/MDIX detection providing true 'plug and play' capability without the need for confusing crossover cables or crossover ports. With the media auto-sensing feature, plug in the network cable to the DES-1005D directly without the need to worry if the end node is a NIC (Network Interface Card) or switch/hub. The DES-1005D also supports flow control and auto-negotiation of half or full duplex transfer modes for each port.
The DES-1005D provides dynamic memory allocation for data flow control to guarantee against possible packet loss. The DSS-5+ uses fast store-and-forward switching to ensure low data latency and prevents error packages from transmitting among segments.
- (5) 10/100Mbps RJ-45 Ports
- Auto-Senses Cable Type (Auto-MDIX)
- Half/Full Duplex Support
- Wire-Speed Reception and Transmission
- 2K MAC Look-Up
- Broadcast Storm Protection
- Back Pressure Flow Control for Half-Duplex
- Automatic MAC Address Learning
- Switching Method: Store-and-Forward
- RAM Buffer: 128Kbytes
- Protocol: CSMA/CD
- Complies with: 802.3 10Base-T, 802.3u 100Base-TX, 802.3x Flow Control
- Certifications: FCC Class B, VCCI Class A, CE Mark
- LED's: Power, Collision, Link/Act (5)
- Dimensions: 14.2cm x 10.8cm x 3.2cm
- Weight: 227gms
- AC Input: 7.5V/1A , 3.6Watts (max)
- Operating Temperature: 0Â°C to 50Â°C
- Storage Temperature: -10Â°C to 70Â°C
- Humidity: 10%-90% RH, non-condensing