D-Link, the industry pioneer in wireless networking, introduces another performance breakthrough in wireless connectivity — the D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G series of high-speed networking products capable of data transfer with a maximum wireless signal rate of up to 54Mbps*.
The DI-824VUP is a 4-Port Wireless Ethernet Broadband Router with VPN (Virtual Private Network) capability. The VPN feature allows users to securely connect multiple computers over the Internet via IPSec, PPTP, or L2TP tunnels. The DI-824VUP also supports VPN pass-through for those who want to use their own VPN client softwares. It also features four 10/100Mbps Auto MDI/ MDI-X Ethernet ports allowing CAT5 cable (straight-through or cross-over) to work with the DI-824VUP.
The DI-824VUP features the latest in advanced wireless technology. It also includes D-Link's own robust firewall security features. The DI-824VUP is ideal for those creating their first wireless network, or for users looking for additional management settings and policybased content filtering for their existing network. Filters can be set based on MAC address, IP address, URL and/or Domain Name.
A simple yet intelligent, web-based setup wizard makes the DI-824VUP easy for any user to quickly and securely connect computers to share high-speed Internet connection, files, and other resources. To prevent unwanted Internet intruders from accessing your private network, the DI-824VUP serves as a feature-rich firewall through the use of filters. An integrated 4-port switch allows direct connection of up to four wired computers while several wireless clients can also securely connect to the network using 64, 128, or 256-bit WEP encryption. In addition, it also features a bi-directional parallel and USB printer ports to share multiple printers and also includes a print server application for Windows**.
The D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-824VUP is the ideal networking solution for remote sales personnel, field representatives, satellite sales offices, telecommuters, and others who work remotely but still need secure access to a corporate network.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
** Print Server software included is for Windows Operating Systems only.
• Up to 54Mbps*
• Multiple VPN Tunnel Endpoint
• Firewall Security & Parental Control
• Buit-In 4-Port Switch with Print Servers
* IEEE 802.3
* IEEE 802.3u
* IEEE 802.11b
* IEEE 802.11g
* USB 1.1
* 1 - 10/100 WAN Port (MDI/MDIX)
* 4 - 10/100 LAN Ports (MDI/MDIX)
* 1-USB Printer Port
* 1-Parellel Port (DB25)
* 1-Com Port (DB9)
* Local Network—10/100
* WLAN (Wireless Connection)
* Web-Based – Internet Explorer v6.0 or later; Netscape Navigator v6.0 or later; or other Java-enabled browsers.
Media Access Control CSMA/CA with ACK
* 64/128/256-bit WEP
* WPA —Wi-Fi Protected Access* (TKIP, MIC)
* WPA-PSK (Pre-Shared Key)*
Wireless Frequency Range 2.4 GHz to 2.462GHz
External Antenna Type Single detachable reverse SMA
Safety & Emissions
* Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)
* Complementary Code Keying (CCK)
* Packet Binary Convolutional Code(PBCCTM)
Wireless Operating Range
* Indoors: Up to 328 feet (100 meters)
* Outdoors: Up to 1,312 feet (400 meters)
* IPSec/PPTP/L2TP Endpoint
* IPSec/PPTP/L2TP Pass-Through
* L2TP Pass-Through
* IPSec (40 IPSec Tunnels)
* IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
* Internet Key Exchange (IKE) authentication and Key
* Authentication (MD5 / SHA-1)
* NULL/DES/3DES Encryption Algorithm and their use with
* Internet Securty Association and Key
* Management Protocol
* Main and Aggressive mode
Operating Temperature 32°F to 131°F ( 0°C to 55°C)
* L = 9.25 inches (233mm)
* W = 6.5 inches (165mm)
* H = 1.375 inches (35mm)
Weight ~2.0 lbs (907g)
Warranty 3 Year
* Firmware Upgrade Available through download.