Now the popular D-Link Xtreme G wireless router just got faster, while maintaining adherence to the IEEE 802.11g standard.
A new free firmware upgrades D-Link 802.11g Xtreme G products to deliver the Industry's fastest performance, up to 15 times faster than 802.11b. With a maximum wireless signal rate of up to 108Mbps*, the 802.11g D-Link Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless Router with enhanced 108 delivers excellent and consistent data rate throughput.
The D-Link Xtreme G with enhanced 108 features the industry's first default 108Mbps* “Dynamic Mode” that allows clients to always operate at the highest possible speeds while automatically identifying and recognizing other D-Link Xtreme G products for highest performance capability and seamless access to the wireless network in a homogenous environment.
Extensive performance and interoperability testing using standard based methods including NetIQ's Chariot software reveals a significant increase in performance of the D-Link Xtreme G over other 802.11g based competitors.
The D-Link Xtreme G DI-624 wireless router with 108Mbps* upgrade employs five cutting-edge hardware-based compression technologies to achieve a significant boost in performance within the 2.4GHz frequency range.
* Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.Packet Bursting: The packet bursting technique puts more data into a single transmission, allowing more raw data to be stuffed into each packet and as a result not only delivers much more data, but also executes this process with less traffic on the network. Packet bursting transforms lengthy binary code into simple equations, resulting in an overall reduction in the number of 1s and 0s being sent over the network. It is also the technique defined as one of the methods for performance improvement in the IEEE 802.11e QOS draft standard.
* Fast Frames: The fast frames technique enhances data throughput by increasing the number of bits sent per data frame and accelerating the timing of a data frame with a dynamic transmit optimizations. This technology enhances the Packet Bursting capability synergistically to provide accelerated performance results. The fast frames technique is also based on the 802.11e QOS draft standard.
* Hardware Compression and Encryption: Xtreme G uses the Atheros AR5002 chipset which employs special engines to compress and encrypt data. These hardware engines operate in real-time to enhance throughput by implementing standard algorithms and compressing data prior to transmission and after reception.
* Multi-Channel Bonding: Multi-Channel Bonding embraces two radio channels simultaneously. It collapses the available channels from 12 to 6 for increased bandwidth on the available channels. Single and double channels are not run at the same time. This technology senses single channel and dual channel frames and negotiates time-based solutions with priority on single channel processing.
The D-Link 802.11g DI-624 Xtreme G features robust security to protect the wireless network from intruders, complying with the latest wireless networking security protocols, including WEP encryption and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) support for both 802.1x and WPA-PSK. The DI-624 is also capable of supporting the government-grade AES encryption and upcoming 802.11i standards.
In addition to being the industry's fastest wireless network solution, It includes management settings and policy-based content filtering for advanced network management. Filters can be set based on MAC address, IP address, URL and/or Domain Name.
The D-Link Xtreme G DI-624 wireless router with 108 upgrade is ideal for creating a fast and affordable wireless network, delivering the industry's fastest wireless network performance. D-Link Xtreme G is also the only 802.11g solution with 108Mbps* mode that remains fully interoperable and compatible with all 2.4GHz devices, capable of creating one homogenous network environment for the multi-vendor environment.
* This 108Mbps firmware upgrade is currently available for Revision B & C only. Firmware for upgrading to 108Mbps is not available for Revision A.
Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
• Up to 108Mbps*
• Advanced Firewall & Parental Control
• Easy Installation
• 802.11g, 802.11b Compatible
• Increased Security with 802.1X and WPA
* IEEE 802.11g
* IEEE 802.11b
* IEEE 802.3
* IEEE 802.3u
VPN Pass Through/Multi-Sessions
Advanced Firewall Features
* NAT with VPN Pass-through (Network Address Translation)
* MAC Filtering
* IP Filtering
* URL Filtering
* Domain Blocking
* Encryption: 64/128-bit
VPN Pass Through/Multi-Sessions
* Web-Based – Internet Explorer v6 or later; Netscape Navigator v6 or later; or other Java- enabled browsers.
* DHCP Server and Client
Wireless Signal Rates*
With Automatic Fallback
* D-Link 108G: 108Mbps
* 64-,128-bit WEP
* WPA —Wi-Fi Protected Access
* WPA-PSK (Pre-Shared Key)
Media Access Control
CSMA/CA with ACK
2.4GHz to 2.462GHz
Wireless Signal Range*
Indoors: Up to 328 feet (100 meters)
Outdoors: Up to 1312 ft (400 meters)
* Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)
* Complementary Code Keying (CCK)
* 54Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-68dBm)
* 48Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-68dBm)
* 36Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-75dBm)
* 24Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-79dBm)
* 18Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-82dBm)
* 12Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-84dBm)
* 11Mbps CCK, 8% PER,-82dBm)
* 9Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-87dBm)
* 6Mbps OFDM, 10% PER,-88dBm)
* 5.5Mbps CCK, 8% PER,-85dBm)
* 2Mbps QPSK, 8% PER,-86dBm)
* 1Mbps BPSK, 8% PER,-89dBm)
Wireless Transmit Power
15dBm ± 2dB
External Antenna Type
Single detachable reverse SMA
* LAN (10/100)
* WLAN (Wireless Connection)
Operating Temperature 32°F to 131°F ( 0°C to 55°C)
Humidity 95% maximum (non-condensing)
Power Input Ext. Power Supply DC 5V, 2.4A
* L = 7.5 inches (190.5mm)
* W = 4.6 inches (116.84mm)
* H = 1.375 inches (35mm)
Weight 0.66lb (298g)