Help! I’m responsible for employment and human resources for my company . . . what do I do next?
Employment Bites covers every area of managing the people part of your business, bite by bite. It’s full of practical suggestions for implementing great human resources (HR) solutions, with examples from New Zealand companies and ways to develop HR skills.
• How to implement an effective HR plan
• New Zealand employment case law examples
• Attracting and recruiting the right people and inducting them effectively
• Measuring performance, developing skills and managing talent
• Dealing with disciplinary issues, restructures and dismissal
• Remuneration systems, benefits and how to recognise and reward employees
• Managing change and creating retention
Employment Bites is for anyone who works with employment issues or responsibilities. If you’re an HR manager, HR adviser, PA, line manager or small-business owner, take your first bite today!
Angela Atkins is an experienced human resources and training manager who’s worked in both large and small companies. She’s learned some hard lessons, knows what makes great HR and has written this book so you won’t make the same mistakes.
Angela Atkins has her own HR training company and also runs training courses for the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand. Confident, articulate and knowledgeable, she is an established expert in human relations and people management.