More women than ever before are jumping on their saddles to enjoy one of the fastest growing sports in the country-and to improve cardiovascular fitness, control their weight, and liven up their social lives. At the same time, cycling remains very much a "man's sport," an intimidating world that can be difficult for women to navigate. Now celebrity spokeswoman Selene Yeager covers all the basics-for all ages and fitness levels. Women will learn...
- How to find the perfect bike and other essential equipment
- How to shift, spin, climb mountains, and get back down
- Training techniques that take it up a notch
- What to eat off-and on-a bike
- Competition craziness-race information and strategies
- Why guys who work in bike shops act the way they do
- And more!
Selene Yeager is a bestselling professional health and fitness author who is also a certified personal trainer, triathlete, and professional mountain bike racer. She has written, co-written, and contributed to more than two dozen books such as ROAR, Bike Your Butt Off!, and Get Fast! She is a frequent contributor to Runner's World, Women's Health, and Shape magazines, and has a regular advice column for Bicycling magazine called "Fit Chick." She lives in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.