Mel Gibson delivers an electrifying performance in Peter Weir's (The Truman Show, Witness) compelling story of friendship and adventure between two Australian soldiers in 1915. They cross continents and great oceans, climb the pyramids and walk through the ancient sands of Egypt to join their regiment at the fateful battle of Gallipoli. The echoes of history blend with the friends' compelling destiny as they become part of a legendary World War I confrontation between Australia and the German allied Turks - a battle that is to Australians what the Alamo is to Americans.Special Features:
- In depth Gallipoli material from News Limited on runners, diggers, food and experiences from the war
- Documentary - Australian war memorial of Gallipoli
- Filmographies on Director Peter Weir, CoWriter Russell Boyd, Cinematographer David Williamson and cast Mel Gibson and Mark Lee.
- The Murdoch Letter - In 1915 Keith Murdoch wrote a letter to the British Prime Minister that changed the course of the war. A description of this historic event is introduced by Dame Elizabeth Murdoch
- Interview with Peter Weir and Mel Gibson
- Photo gallery
- DVD Rom CD Rom Teacher's Aids
- Region 4
- Standard Edition
- 1.78 : 1
- Dolby Digital Surround 5.1
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!