A nameless man (Uwais – The Raid) wakes up in a hospital with severe head trauma, not knowing who he is or what happened to him.
Assisted by devoted student doctor Ailin (Chelsea Islan), who nicknames him “Ishmael” after the character in Moby Dick, he recovers and tries to regain his memory. Naturally, Ishmael's past is about to catch up with him, in the form of Lee (Sunny Pang), a drug lord and gang boss whose tentacles reach deep into the police and the penal system. When Ailin is kidnapped and Ishmael sets out to get her back, he finds himself pitted against an array of skilled fighters who may have been his former colleagues. As Ishmael battles through a series of deadly fights with this squad of enforcers, fragments of his past are teased out and the puzzle of his identity begins to come together.
- 72% on Rotten Tomatoes
- Starring Iko Uwais (the breakout star of The Raid)
- From cult horror directors, The Mo Brothers (Killers, ABC's of Death, V/H/S/2)
- Featuring authentic fight sequences and stunning choreography
- For fans of The Raid & The Raid 2
- “A bone-crunching Indonesian bloodbath that stars the same actor from The Raid and feels like it was cut together from that film's deleted footage.” – indieWire
- “Headshot is a brutally efficient action film, one which fulfills the cravings that Gareth Evans' Raid films have left us with.” – Film Inquiry
- “Despite the familiarity of many elements of its plot, Headshot is gripping throughout, with plenty of pace and energy.” – Eye for Film