After one of his hostage negotiations goes awry, LAPD officer Jeff Talley (Bruce Willis) quits the force and relocates his family to the suburbs. As the sheriff in a sleepy town, Jeff thinks he has escaped the hustle and bustle – until an elaborate local heist puts him back in the center of a hostage situation. When his own family is pulled into the fray, Jeff is forced to decide whether he should try to help the hostages or follow the criminals' hands-off mandate to protect his own family.
- Audio Commentary with Director Florent Siri
- Taking Hostage – Behind The Scenes
- Deleted Scenes and Extended Scenes with Audio Commentary by the Director
- Theatrical Trailer
- " Very violent hostage drama. " – Nell Minow
- " This is one movie that would be incomplete without a soda, some popcorn, and a box of chocolate covered something. " – Cole Smithey
- " Reasonably competent and breathlessly paced. " – Rob Gonsalves