"How to Get Loose From a Snapping Turtle - Before It Thunders" is a treasure trove of down home and fun-to-read "remedies, cures and fixes" that truly reflect the good ol' fashioned horsesense and ingenuity of Appalachian people, such as... * The "number one" plumber's tip for every home
* How to use a penny to check tire treads
* Home remedies for hiccups, stings, and skunk spray
* Insider secrets for buying comfortable shoes
* How cedar chests can ruin your quilts and cloth heirlooms
* Four words to remember when rescuing a drowning victim * Lost? How to use your watch as a compass
* The surprise ruler in your pocket * A reliable roadmap for buying a used car - to avoid a "wreck" * How "RICE" can relieve sprains * The astonishing secret for saving a waterlogged book * The old, failsafe farm trick for baiting a mousetrap * How to make the world's best (& cheapest) all-purpose cleaner * Amazing "other" uses for soap and toothpaste * Puppy "interview methods" to predict a dog's personality * And hundreds more!!