Compilation producers: Ken Druker, Ron Goldstein.
In the interest of full disclosure, let's begin by defining what this soundtrack isn't. Those who have seen the film's commercial or trailer, where the only music heard is that of quirky singer-songwriter Jill Sobule and New York postmodern lounge cult heroes Dave's True Story, may expect to hear those artists. That expectation will not be met, presumably due to oblique music industry machinations. What you will get is a batch of tunes by some of the finest female jazz singers in Verve's vaults (some of whom are heard in the film). While the mating of movie and music isn't quite an identical match between the lesbian romantic comedy and it's audio counterpart, who would presume to argue with a selection that includes Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, and Billie Holiday? The members of Dave's True Story perhaps, but surely this album's audience has them safely outnumbered.
- Put On A Happy Face - Blossom Dearie
- It's Crazy - Sarah Vaughan
- Taking A Chance On Love - Anita O'Day
- That Could Happen To Us - Jill Phillips
- There Will Never Be Another You - Ernestine Anderson
- I Just Found Out About Love - Shirley Horn
- Manhattan - Ella Fitzgerald
- Teach Me Tonight - Dinah Washington
- Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You - Matt Rollings/Lyle Lovett
- Exactly Like You - Carmen McRae
- I Don't Know Enough About You - Peggy Lee
- Devil May Care - Diana Krall
- What A Little Moonlight Can Do - Billie Holiday
- I Wish You Love - Blossom Dearie