Personnel: Les Paul (guitar); Richie Sambora, Steve Miller , Billy Gibbons, Johnny Rzeznik, Buddy Guy (vocals, guitar); Joss Stone, Sam Cooke, Sting, Beth Hart, Alsou (vocals); Eric Clapton, Hiram Bullock, Joe Perry, Keith Richards, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Neal Schon, Peter Frampton, Rick Derringer, Steve Lukather, Kenny Olsen, Barry Goldstein, Fran Cathcart (guitar); Edgar Winter, Louis Cortelezzi (saxophone); Jim Feeling (trumpet); Dave King (trombone); Marc Urselli (piano, bass guitar, programming); Greg Mathieson, Joseph Wooten, Louise Forestier, Brian Mitchell (keyboards); Will Lee, Billy Peterson, Abe Laboriel Sr. (bass guitar); Abe Laboriel Jr., Kenny Aronoff, Vinnie Colaiuta, Shawn Pelton, Gordy Knudsen (drums); Daniel Moreno (percussion); Luke Ebbin (background vocals); Mick Hucknall.
Recording information: East Side Sound, New York, New York (1949 - 2005); Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California.
Arranger: Ken Cummings.
Released in celebration of Les Paul's 90th birthday, AMERICAN MADE WORLD PLAYED pays tribute to the master guitarist and inventor who changed the face of jazz, country, blues, and rock with his recording and guitar-design innovations. While the lineup here is stellar and includes vocalists Sting, Joss Stone, and Mick Hucknall (Simply Red), and guitarists Joe Perry (Aerosmith) and Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), among others, the album is at its best when it allows Paul to shine in an instrumental setting, as on the slinky rendition of Duke Ellington's "Caravan" and the funky "69 Freedom Special."
- Love Sneakin' Up On You - (with Sting/Joss Stone)
- Rock & Roll, Hoochie Koo - (featuring Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Edgar Winter/Noah Hunt)
- Somebody Ease My Troublin' Mind - (featuring Sam Cooke/Eric Clapton)
- So Into You - (with Peter Frampton)
- How High The Moon - (with Alsou)
- Bad Case Of Lovin' You - (with Billy Gibbons)
- I Wanna Know You - (with Neal Schon/Beth Hart)
- Good News, (Ain't That) - (with Jeff Beck/Sam Cooke)
- Let Me Roll It - (with Richie Sambora)
- Good Morning Little School Girl - (with Buddy Guy/Keith Richards/Rick Derringer)
- All I Want Is You - (with Johnny Rzeznik)
- 69 Freedom Special
- Fly Like An Eagle (2005) - (with Steve Miller)
- I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know - (featuring Joe Perry/Mick Hucknall/Kenny Olsen)