I have owned the MX 5000 for 12 months. Since then I have had 2 RMA Replacements (I'm on my third set). I have experienced all of the issues listed below on all three sets.
I have tested on multiple computers and multiple locations and still get the same results. I have tried everything Logitech Customer Support has instructed me to do each time however nothing helps.
- Mouse stops responding completely for 30–60 seconds every now and then.
- Mouse response is heavily delayed or lagged every now and then.
- Charging the mouse is difficult to achieve as the charging base often doesn’t recognise the fact that the mouse has been place within it.
- Keyboard stops responding completely for 30–60 seconds every now and then.
- Keyboard response hangs on a single key press (software not hardware) so you end up typing like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssss etc or if you were pressing backspace at the time it continues to delete more than you intended.
- Constant Low Battery warnings even with brand new batteries (Batteries then go on to last their expected lifetime).
My recommendation is to stay away from this specific set. The problems I've listed are commonly documented on the Logitech Forums from multiple customers. Having said that, some people claim to have a perfect working set with no problems. So if you want to try your luck with this set then by all means go for it. If connectivity wasn't an issue I would definitely recommend it. For me I’m in the market for something more stable.