The best intentions often come back to haunt you. Mission Impossible: Fall Out finds Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his IMF team (Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames) along with some familiar allies (Rebecca Ferguson, Michelle Monaghan) in a race against time after a mission gone wrong. Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett, and Vanessa Kirby also join the dynamic cast with filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie returning to the helm.
Critic Reviews for Mission Impossible: Fall Out
- “Mission: Impossible – Fallout is an unrelentingly consistent action movie, with not a single sequence wasted before the next big stunt.” – Andrew Whalen, Newsweek
- “Fallout is thrilling in a way that is out of sync with blockbuster fashions. It doesn't try for any sort of political resonance, and while it's a more direct sequel than past installments, there's still nothing you really need to know in advance.” – Alison Willmore, BuzzFeed News
- “Mission : Impossible-Fallout knocks itself out to keep you awake and entertained. The result is a film that won't make a dent in cinema history but, with an ebullient gusto, it is impossible to resist.” – Rex Reed, Observer
- “At its best, an exercise in pure action-movie propulsion and an essay in how to get from Point A to Point B in the most ingenious and exhausting way imaginable.” – Ty Burr, Boston Globe
- “The movie is propelled by action scenes that transmit a little something about the characters while nudging the story forward, much like the song-and-dance numbers in a musical.” – Manohla Dargis, New York Times
- “Cruise once again shows that being 56-years-old is no barrier to being an action hero while the movie itself proves that being a summer blockbuster cash cow that doesn't veer wildly from the unexpected doesn't have to be uninspired.” – Cary Darling, Houston Chronicle