We enjoyed the doco because we very much enjoyed our time in New Orleans at the heritage music festival a few years ago;
On August 29th, 2005 hurricane winds, torrential rains and a series of failed levees decimated The Big Easy and virtually destroyed one of the most unique music cultures in the world. In the weeks and months immediately following the Katrina disaster, filmmaker Robert Mugge captured the shock, sorrow and courage of the city's remarkable musicians as they struggled to return to their homes, rebuild their careers, and revive their devastated community.Special Features:
- John Cleary - "A History of New Orleans piano"
- Big Chief Monk Boudreaux - "Meet the boys on the battlefront"
- Marcia Ball - "That's What I Get"
- Papa Mali - "Keep Happy"
- beatinpath - "The weight of the world"
- Theresa Anderson - "Lie to me"
- World Leader Pretend - "A Grammarian stuck in a medical drama"
- A New Orleans Rescue - "Storytelling by Dave Spizale, GM of KRVS-FM - photographs by Dave and Matthew Spizale
- 1.78 : 1
- Dolby Digital Surround 2.0
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!