Inspire, motivate and give your students confidence at GCSE PE with this textbook endorsed by OCR.Written by an experienced teacher, OCR PE for GCSE provides your students with the skills and knowledge they need. Clear and accessible, it covers Key Concepts and Key Processes of Physical Education as well as Opportunities and Pathways for Involvement in Physical Activity, explaining complex terms simply and engaging students so that they can apply their understanding at this level.
- Keep students on track with the specification requirements with stated learning goals and 'What you need to know' sections in each chapter
- Increase students' confidence with expert tips and opportunities to practice exam-style questions such as multiple-choice and short-answer questions
- Aid the understanding of required vocabulary with key words highlighted throughout
- Link students' knowledge to their practical assessment work with relevant examples
- Broaden student's knowledge of important areas on the OCR GCSE specification with useful websites
Also available for purchase is OCR PE for GCSE Dynamic Learning, which provides teachers with a wealth of networkable and interactive resources including animations demonstrating anatomical and physiological structures and processes and exciting interactivities that challenge students and help them to consolidate their own learning.
John Honeybourne is a chief examiner and has taught both GCSE and A-level PE for many years. He is currently an educational consultant and works as both an Ofsted Inspector for sport and an Advanced Skills Teacher Assessor. John also runs revision courses and INSET and is an experienced PE author.