Based on true events, OPEN WATER follows an American couple, Daniel and Susan, (Daniel Travis and Blanchard Ryan) on an island holiday. Upon arrival at their hotel, we learn that Daniel and Susan's relationship is under strain from their workaholic lifestyles, and they need a vacation even more than they realised.
The next morning, the loving and rested couple, certified scuba divers, board a local dive boat for an underwater tour of the reef. The boat is crowded with other vacationers, and due to a series of innocent miscommunications and a distracted crew, the couple is, after only 40 minutes or so underwater, accidentally left behind.
What follows is the story of their ordeal: cold, alone and miles from land, the couple is adrift in shark-infested waters.
While shining a light on how we often take our comfortable lives and our relationships for granted, OPEN WATER reminds us of the fragility and vulnerability of modern man in relation to the vast and indiscriminant power of nature.
* Audio commentary with Writer/Director Chris Kentis & Producer Laura Lau
* Audio commentary with Blanchard Ryan (Susan) and Daniel Travis (Daniel)
* The Indies Essentials â€“ A filmmakers guide to gearing up for a marketable movie
* Calm Before the Storm â€“ Making Open Water
* Attacking the Shark Myth: Shark Conversation
* Open Water Survival Guide: Lessons from Dive Professionals
* Deleted Scenes
- Region 4
- Standard Edition
- 1.78 : 1
- Dolby Digital Surround 5.1
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!