Players will be able to take the reins of their preferred team through European and World Championships. Over 15,000 real players are included within the game. Managers can buy and sell players, train their squads and develop match tactics - with matches portrayed in real-time through a detailed 3D engine. Every bone-crunching tackle, every eye-gouging scrum will be present in glorious 3D, with managers having to adjust their tactics as the games progress in order to secure victory. Multiplayer modes allow players to pit their teams against each other in individual games or leagues - with an Internet ladder ranking the world's greatest rugby managers.
"Rugby represents a huge opportunity for Digital Jesters," says Terry Malham, Sales Director, Digital Jesters. "The sport is enjoying its most popular period yet, thanks to the World Cup and the resurgence of the English side. Pro Rugby Manager
2004 hails from one of Europe's most successful developers of management simulations and with its combination of cutting-edge technology and detailed management routines we're convinced it will appeal to all fans of sports sims, not just those into rugby."
- Participate in all the major competitions from the 10 National championships to the Super 12, Tri-Nations, Six Nations, European Cups and The World Cup
- Choose from over 100 Clubs and 50 National teams (France, UK, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, and many more)
- Experience 13 authentic 3D stadiums
- Feel the intense real-life pressures of a manager with key decisions such as the hiring and firing of players to improve the status of your team.
- Train, hone and develop key individuals with rigorous set-up training programs and unleash their full potential on the pitch.
- Give instructions as the game progresses in real-time such as substitutions to tired, injured or under performing players that will affect the outcome of the game.
- Manage staff and balance the books for the board to maximise profits for your team.
- Select your starting 15, assign tactics and strategies and watch them carry it out. Delve further and come up with your own advanced strategies that promise to deliver limitless tactical gameplay possibilities.
- Weather will affect match conditions throwing curve balls into your tactics, strategies and crowd turn out that will affect profits and the way your game will played out.
- Motion captured players allow for realistic animations and immersion into the bone-crushing thrills of Rugby.
- Play with up to 2 players in real-time Online (GameSpy) or LAN. Set up leagues Online or LAN over multiple seasons for up to 100 players and watch your progress unfold in style with a Worldwide Online ladder system.