Race Driver 3
The game accurately simulates fully tire wear, tire and engine temperatures, fuel consumption affecting weight distribution and real world engine inertia. This level of detail is simulated on every vehicle across the entire range of motorsports featured.
There are two main game modes, the new Pro Career mode and the World Tour mode. In Pro Career each racing discipline represents a different genre of motorsport, so if players want to make it as an Open Wheel driver they’ll progress through the breadth of that discipline, starting off in Karting events, progressing on to Formula 1000, then further championships which include Formula BMW, Formula 3 and then finally driving the brand new BMW Williams FW27.
Alternatively the World Tour mode gives the gamer immediate and accessible racing. Race driven cinematic style cut scenes continue the series’ plot driven narrative, and with more cars, tracks and championships than ever before it is the ultimate fast fix for racing fans.
Colin McRae Rally 2005
- The signature damage engine has been upgraded again and now every car component has a weight and an aero-dynamic effect. In addition the cars will change through the course of a race and the player will see the real world results as fuel burns, tires warm up and wear out, radiators overheat and engines will blow
- Completely revamped physics and handling engine, designed to make the player feel more connected to where the action is happening
- Progress through 116 championships covering 35 different motor racing styles including Open Wheel, GT racing, Touring cars, Oval racing, Rally, Historic and Off Road
- 70 different aspirational cars, including Nissan 350Z, Corvette C5R, Pontiac Firebird, Ultima GTR, Subaru Impreza N10 and Lotus 49
- 98 different track variations on circuits including Manama Bahrain International, SpA Francorchamps, Bathurst and Nurburgring
- Car set up in all stages of race and game
- All new realistic and licensed tune-parts
- Up to 21 cars racing on track at one time
- New online game modes
Colin McRae Rally 2005 has players hurtling through over 20 different classes of rally events including Challenges, Cups, SuperCups, Shields and Championships, earning the right to compete against the very best.
Offering real progression and the most diverse selection of rally cars to choose from, drivers will be pummelled through a staggering 300+ stages driving cars from 4-wheel drive, 2-wheel drive, 4-wheel Classics, Super 2-wheel, Rear Wheel, Distinctive and 4x4 classics. Beyond the Career Challenge, there's even more adrenaline-fuelled rally gaming with the title's 4WD Championship, Rally, Stages and Online gaming modes.
And just when you thought a McRae game couldn't offer more detail or visual splendour, the game's development team is cramming it in: the new bonnet-cam and an improved chase cam gives a real sensation of speed and undulation. Enhanced damage and scenery visuals include new individual damage models for every car and should you crash into a tree, it'll shudder and even drop leaves!
- Drive the most diverse selection of cars through new, non-linear Career Challenge with over 20 individual rally events and over 300+ stages.
- 30+ featured cars include the Volkswagen Golf MK5, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Peugeot 206, 205 T16 Evo2 and the distinctive VW Beetle RSi!
- 9 international locations (new German rally joins events through UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, and Japan), in Rally game mode, each with 8 stages. Large, animated spectator crowds cheer you on through the stages.
- Incredible detail: An individual damage model for each car – right down to paintwork scrapes and a 'dazed' visual effect as you recover from a crash!