Rainbow Six is back...and tougher than ever. Due to the team's fantastic success with defusing major terrorist incidents, the international community has come to depend on RAINBOW as the main force secretly protecting citizens world-wide. Thus, the story continues in Rogue Spear with the team's initial missions being business as usual: a hostage situation at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and an airplane hijacking. However, the team soon discovers that these crisis situations are actually related to the nefarious plots of not one, but two antagonists--the Russian Mafia and a Middle Eastern terrorist organization--groups who have, until now, been able to escape the jaws of international justice. Through a series of increasingly difficult missions, RAINBOW uncovers the terrorists' deadly master plan, just in the nick of time--to save the world again.
Players will have new weapons at their disposal as well as sniper specialists to properly take out deadly foes from afar, and with over 400 new motion capture moves, terrorists and hostages will react even more realistically to you and your team. The frozen breaths of team members will be seen puffing from their mouths in snowy conditions while footprints are left behind. Guide your team with a joystick, add more terrorists with the mission editor, and send your friends a copy of your greatest attack with the cinematic replay feature. All of this and more will make Rogue Spear the greatest action / strategy game you’ve ever played. Just remember one thing: if you fail, the game isn’t over…the world is.
* Computer: Pentium 233 MHz with 3D Hardware acceleration or Pentium 266 Mhz with MMX (software rendering)
* Memory: 32 MB RAM Required (64 MB RAM Recommended)
* Operating System: Windows 95/98
* Video: Software Rendering only: 2D 16-Bit SVGA 4MB Video Card. 3D hardware Support: Direct 3D compatible video card required. Supported chipsets include 3Dfx Voodoo, Nvidia Riva, Matrox G200.
* CD - ROM: 4x or Better
* Sound: DirectX compatible sound card required
* Hard Drive: 150 MB uncompressed space
* DirectX: DirectX 6.1 (included on CD) must be installed
* Internet/ Network Play: Properly Configured TCP/ IP connection at 28.8 Kbps or faster