A tropical island, a white nurse, a powerful family and the year that changed her life.
* Episode 1 Helen Tremain returns to the island where she works as a remote area nurse to find that it is not the laid back paradise she remembers.
* Episode 2 When a young man is drowned ferrying contraband alcohol to the island, Helen finds herself in the middle of a war about a wet canteen.
* Episode 3 The island chairman’s son returns to declare religious war on his father and Helen decides to join in the fight.
* Episode 4 Sol is married to a white girl, Nancy is falling in love with a white boy. Can love survive the colour divide?
* Episode 5 Helen watches, helpless as Paul loses the plot and possibly his lover and his job.
* Episode 6 Here comes the wet season and with it a dengue fever outbreak, as Helen considers her future on an island she has come to love.
Cast and Crew Interviews
CD Soundtrack by David Bridie
MUSIC AND SONGS FROM THE TORRES STRAIT ISLANDS
FEATURING SEAMAN DAN,KING KADU,ALBERT DAVID,DUJON NIUE,GRAHAM LEE,THE ARPANKA SINGERS,THE RAN CHOIR, PIUS WASI,BISTON SPECIAL,CHARLES PASSI AND MANY MORE
PRODUCED BY DAVID BRIDIE
ORIGINAL SCORE DAVID BRIDIE