The ratings had been changed from the old ones to some other one. The cover was a bit old and beat up. Main disc had a scratch near the inner circle.
Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (2 Disc Set)
Return to a galaxy far, far away in the first chapter of the mythic STAR WARS
Set thirty years before the original STAR WARS film, Episode I introduces young Anakin Skywalker, a boy with special powers, unaware that the journey he is beginning will transform him into the evil Darth Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi, the wise old Jedi from the original series, is a determined young apprentice and Palpatine, well known as the evil Emperor, is an ambitious Senator in the Galactic Republic.
It is a time when the Jedi Knights are the guardians of peace in a turbulent
galaxy and a young Queen fights to save her people. In the shadows lurks an evil
force waiting for the right moment to attack. With Episode I in your video
collection you can experience the excitement again and again. Feel the adrenalin
of the Boonta Eva Podrace. Relive the intense lightsaber battles. Discover the
incredible detail and breathtaking scope of this milestone in the STAR WARS
- Feature Audio Commentary By George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Dennis Muren and Scott Squires
- Exclusive Deleted Scenes Documentary features seven new sequences completed just for this DVD release, including extended podrace scenes
- All-new hour-long documentary film culled from over 600 hours footage, “The Beginning” takes you where few people have been before – inside Lucasfilm and ILM during the production of Episode 1
- Multi-angle storyboard-to-animatic-to-film segment featuring the Submarine and Podrace Lap 1 sequences
- Five featurettes explore The Phantom Menace’s storyline, design, costumes, visual effects and fight scenes
- Award-winning twelve-part web documentary series that chronicles the production of Episode 1
- ”Duel of the Fates” music video featuring John Williams
- Never-before-seen Production Photo Gallery with special caption feature
- Theatrical posters and print campaign from around the world
- Theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus seven TV spots
- “Star Wars: Starfighter – The making of a Game” featurettes from LucasArts
- DVD-ROM web link to exclusive Star Wars content
- " One of George Lucas' creative high points – an excellent look at the failings of a society on the brink. The original subversive Star Wars entry. " – Evan Dossey
- " The visual effects in The Phantom Menace are so good that you find yourself not caring very much about Qui-Gon's prophetic murmurings. " – Andrew O'Hagan
- " As each magnificently choreographed set piece unfolds in The Phantom Menace, there's little doubt that George Lucas knows how to create populist entertainment at its best. " – Serena Donadoni
- Region 4
- Standard Edition
- 2.35 : 1
- Dolby Digital Stereo
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!