A futuristic combat simulation game that combines the action of a 1st person space shooter with the drama and intrigue of a classic air combat movie. War rages across the solar system. Our bases are being systematically destroyed. Our command infrastructure is nonexistent. We're attempting to regroup at Oberon. The Alliance needs all capable pilots to report to Oberon immediately to form the 45th Volunteer squadron. The 45th, along with the remnants of what remains of the Alliance fleet, will be our last vanguard. It will be on Oberon that we make our final stand against the Eastern Coalition fleets. Failure…is not an option.
- Stunning 3-D graphics and effects. Starlancer will immerse you in a level of graphic details and effects not currently found in other space combat games. More than 80 types of spacecraft are rendered in extraordinary 3-D detail throughout the game.
- Dynamic mission structure. Starlancer missions are designed to challenge you, create a wide variety of gameplay and enhance the story lines. Players' individual accomplishments will resonate within the game world, affect the game's mission structure, and are essential to the overall victory of their squadron and their cause.
- Immersive story line. Starlancer features a dramatic story based on the dynamic history of 20th century warfare. To enhance the story, Starlancer will include over 20 minutes of Hollywood-quality full-motion computer-generated cinematics, 6,000 unique speech samples and 40 custom-composed music tracks.
- Living universe. Rather than the standard environment in current space combat games with space being fairly empty beyond the enemy fighters, the universe in Starlancer feels alive and will be more interesting for players to participate in. Neutral craft can be seen going about their business by performing functions such as building a jump gate or mining an asteroid field.
- Multiplayer capabilities. Players can dogfight in death-match mode or play cooperatively through the entire story with up to eight other players via LAN or the MSN Gaming Zone (http://www.zone.com). Players and their friends can create squadrons to share experiences, receive promotions and even gain command over each other.
- State-of-the-art space flight engine. Whether players are engaged in a dogfight with swarming enemies or escorting a torpedo run on a massive capital ship, the Starlancer 3-D engine provides unparalleled fluidity in gameplay with balanced, consistent frame rates.
Interactive ship environments. Players will be able to navigate key parts of their capital ship with immersive 3-D walkabout environments. Players will have their own interactive bunkroom with a locker for medals, CD player, simulator pod for flight practice and even a fish tank.
- Lethal spacecraft and weaponry. Players may choose from more than a dozen ships using a unique 3-D drag-and-drop interface. They can arm their ships with more than 20 weapons, including nova cannons, pulse lasers, collapser guns and jackhammer missiles.
- Experienced developers. Starlancer is being developed by Chris and Erin Roberts who are widely credited as the inventors of the space combat genre with their tremendously popular Wing Commander and Privateer series of games.
# Microsoft Windows 95 or Windows 98 or Windows NT operating system version 4.0 or later with Service Pack 5.
# 32 MB of RAM
# 300 MB of uncompressed hard-disk space
# Quad-speed or faster CD-ROM drive for gameplay
# Super VGA video display supporting 800x600 high colour (16 bit) resolution
# Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
# Windows 95 or Windows 98 compatible sound card and speakers or headphones to hear audio
# Modem and Internet access to plan online (optional)
# SideWinder Force Feedback Pro Joystick (optional)
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!