The Tax Summary is essential reading for everyone in need of a guide to navigate the complexities of the Australian taxation system. It is written in plain English with explanations and easy-to-follow examples on taxation and superannuation without the jargon.
The tax system is made understandable with worked examples, checklists and flowcharts, including tips for avoiding pitfalls. It covers all aspects: income tax, superannuation, capital gains tax, GST, fringe benefits tax to State based taxes.
Whether you are a tax practitioner, business owner, individual or studying, the Tax Summary has, for the past 99 years, been a capstone in building understanding of Australia's tax system.
Making tax simple:
* Determine the tax obligations and concessions for not-for-profit organisations
*Avoid the unwanted attention of the Commissioner by understanding the anti-avoidance rules
* Rates, thresholds and offsets to help you prepare your 2018 tax return and planning for 2019
* Find out how small businesses and primary producers can benefit from a suite of special tax concessions
* A comprehensive checklist of deductions for employees and business taxpayers
* Overview of superannuation and retirement planning
* Tax tips and traps for property and share investors
* Manage FBT obligations for employers
* Comply with State taxes including payroll tax, stamp duty and land taxes.