Paul Newman is electrifying as Fast Eddie Felson, an arrogant, amoral hustler who haunts backstreet pool rooms fleecing anyone who'll pick up a cue. Determined to be acclaimed as the best, Eddie seeks out the legendary Minnesota Fats, who's backed by Bert Gordon, a predatory gambler. Eddie can beat the champ, but virtually defeats himself with his low self-image. The love of a lonely woman could turn Eddie's life around, but he won't rest until he beats Minnesota Fats, no matter what price he must pay.
Voted one of the year's ten best by "The New York Times" and "Time," and distinguished by 2 Academy Awards - Cinematography, Art Direction-Set Decoration (B&W), The Hustler is a dazzling cinematic triumph.
Best Picture BAFTA Winner 1962.
- Audio Commentary WIth Cast and Crew
- Featurette: 'The Hustler - The Inside Story'
- Seamless Branching: Trick Shot Analysis
- Theatrical and Spanish Trailer
- How To Make The Shot - 5 Sequences
- Stills Gallery