The Lord of the Rings – The Two Towers Collector's DVD Gift Set
Not seen in theatres, this unique version of the epic adventure features 43 minutes of new and extended scenes integrated into the film by the director. The DVD set consists of four discs with hours of original content including multiple documentaries, commentaries and design/photo galleries with thousands of images to give viewers an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at the film.
Frodo Baggins and the Fellowship continue their quest to destroy the One Ring and stand against the evil of the dark lord Sauron. The Fellowship has divided and now find themselves taking different paths to defeating Sauron and his allies. Their destinies now lie at two towers – Orthanc Tower in Isengard, where the corrupted wizard Saruman waits and Sauron's fortress at Baraddur, deep within the dark lands of Mordor.
- 4 Disc Platinum Series Special Extended DVD Edition
- Gollum as “Smeagol” collectible art directed by Peter Jackson and created especially for the Collector's DVD Gift Set
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
- Exclusive book on the creation of the film's Gollum character
- Capturing movie memories, a bonus DVD documentary on the development of the Gollum “Smeagol” collectible
DISCS 1–2: The Feature:
A new version of the second installment includes over 40 minutes of
never-before-seen footage incorporated into the film. (approx. 208 minutes)
Four audio commentaries by the director, writer, the design team, and production team featuring more than 30 participants including Peter Jackson, Richard Taylor, Howard Shore, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, and Orlando Bloom.
DISCS 3–4: The Appendices:
Two discs with hours of original content including multiple documentaries and design/photo galleries with thousands of images to give viewers an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Adapting the book into a screenplay & planning the film
- Designing and inspiration for locations in Middle-earth
- Storyboards to pre-visualization
- Weta Workshop visit: See sculptors in action as they create weapons, armor, creatures, and miniatures from the film
- Atlas of Middle-earth tracing the journey of the Fellowship
- An interactive map of New Zealand highlighting the location scouting process
- Galleries of art and slideshows with commentaries by the artists
- Sending the actors into battle: sword fighting
- Principal photography: Stories from the set
- Digital effects including motion capture and the computer program to create the armies of Orcs
- Bigatures: a close-up look at the miniatures
- Galleries of behind-the-scenes photographs and personal cast photos
- Post-Production: editing it all together
- Sound design demonstration
- Includes access to exclusive online features
- Widescreen anamorphic format
© 2002 New Line Productions, Inc. The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, and the characters, events, items, and places therein are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.