Rickshaw Rooster is a proud, vain and very noisy rooster living in 1920s Shanghai. When the Annual Race along the famous Bund is announced, winning is a matter of pride for Shanghai's international Concessions. But Rickshaw Rooster has other ideas! Will the foreigners win again, or will a local hero carry the day? Find out in this tale of ruffled feathers and cocky determination!
Another funny and fabulous Chinese Calendar Tale due out just in time for the Year of the Rooster (2017)!
* Fun story in rhyme by much-loved Hong Kong-based author Sarah Brennan
* Hilarious illustrations by Hong Kong's famous cartoonist Harry Harrison
* Highlights 1920s Shanghai, its famous Bund, the international concessions, the end of Empire and the rise of nationalism in China, and the special characteristics of people born in the Year of the Rooster
* Proven track record with primary school children of all ages and cultures
* Sells equally well to boys and girls
* Perfect for reluctant readers