Producers include: RZA, Erick Sermon, Havoc, Daz, Mathematics.
Engineers include: Nolan "Dr. NO" Moffitte, Patrick Viala, Tommy Uzzo.
Returning with his sophomore solo album JUDGEMENT DAY, Johnny Blaze once again brings the pain, on a smashing collection of nineteen tracks. With the energy of a whirlwind and the fierceness of a hurricane, Method Man rips through tracks produced by Havoc ("Play IV Keeps"), True Master ("Grid Iron Rap"), Erick Sermon ("Step By Step") and of course, The RZA ("Perfect World"). The initial single and title track, "Judgement Day", is an all-out, up tempo track that just makes you move. Appearances from Cappadonna ("Sweet Love"), Redman ("Big Dogs") and Streetlife ("Suspect Chin Music") make for interesting play off of Meth's dynamic delivery. Some of the other highlights on this varied, hard-hitting release are "Torture", "Cradle Rock" and a serious posse cut "Spazzola", which features Streetlife, Raekwon, Masta Killa, Killer Sin and Inspectah Deck.
What the critics say...
Rolling Stone (12/10/99, p.127) - 4 Stars (out of 5) - "...From the millennial madness of its opening skit to the pummeling title track,...which closes the set, he leaves hardly any time to catch your breath throughout seventeen rock-solid workouts..."
Entertainment Weekly (11/20/98, p.133) - "...One of hip-hop's most cunning linguists, the wonder Wu spins out graphic doomsday scenarious, metaphysical parables, and sweaty-palmed odes to feamle pulchritude over crazed, avant-noise constructs that make Puffy sound like Pat Boone in comparison. This could well be the hip-hop event of the year." - Rating: A-
The Wire (10/01, p.48) - "...Meth's own production is refreshingly fast, and his ongoing friendship with D'Angelo means some of the incidental singing is on par with the rhymes..."
CMJ (12/21/98, p.5) - "...the star's raspy, menacing flow and his lethally clever, self-referential wordplay plow into the Clan's patented blunt-blazing piano tinkles, decrepit soundtrack strings and effectively low-budget rhythms..."
- Judgement Day (Skit)
- Perfect World
- Cradle Rock - (featuring Left Eye)
- Dangerous Grounds - (featuring Streetlife)
- Sweet Love (Skit)
- Sweet Love - (featuring Cappadonna/Streetlife)
- Shaolin What (Skit)
- Where's Method Man (Skit) - (featuring Ed Lover)
- Suspect Chin Music - (featuring Streetlife)
- Retro Godfather
- Dooney Boy (Skit)
- Spazzola - (featuring Streetlife/Raekwon/Masta Killa/Killer Sin/Inspectah Deck)
- Check Writer (Skit)
- You Play Too Much - (with Chris Rock)
- Party Crasher
- Grid Iron Rap - (featuring Streetlife)
- Step By Step
- Play IV Keeps - (featuring Inspectah Deck/Streetlife/Mobb Deep)
- Donald Trump (Skit)
- Snuffed Out (Skit) - (featuring Streetlife)
- Elements - (featuring Star/Polite)
- Killin' Fields
- Big Dogs - (featuring Redman)
- Break Ups 2 Make Ups - (featuring D'Angelo)
- Message From Penny - (featuring Janet Jackson)
- Judgement Day
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!