Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness employs a brand new engine built from the ground up to fully utilise the power of the latest PC graphics cards. Lara is now made up of over 5,000 polygons as opposed to just 500 in previous Tomb Raider games. She must traverse an intricately detailed world, which takes her from the back streets of Paris to the hellish depths of Prague. Lara has changed since her experiences in Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. She has become darker, harder, less tolerant and her tomb raiding days are a distant memory. A desperate phone call from her former mentor Von Croy leads her to Paris. Von Croy has been asked by a sinister client, Eckhardt, to track down one of five 14th century artworks - the Obscura Paintings. She arrives in Paris to find a city in fear. Von Croy has been the victim of a horrific murder and framed for the crime, Lara has no option but to go on the run. During her exploits Lara encounters a kindred spirit in Kurtis Trent, a hardened adventurer like herself, who is in pursuit of Eckhardt. In her struggle to unravel the trail left by Von Croy, Lara becomes involved in underworld deals, grotesque murders, the dark side of an advanced form of alchemy and a history of blood, betrayal and vengeance spanning across hundreds of years. Features:
- New Lara, New attitude!
- Character evolution - improve Lara's abilities and witness her adapt to how you play the game.
- Character interaction and conversation choices will affect Lara's route through the game.
- Brand new control system offers much more direct and fluid control over Lara.
- New range of moves - including hand-to-hand combat, stealth mode, 'last-chance' grabs and more.
- New playable character, Kurtis Trent, with distinctive moves and gameplay mechanics.
- New camera system designed to work in connection with the new control system to provide a much more cinematic gameplay experience
- New level interaction with the environments provides a far more immersive gameplay experience.
- Multiple routes, ways to get to the same locations.