There are definite gems on this album. But there are some songs that I just can't seem to get into – they either irritate me or are too similar to the other songs.
- Helena Beat. I don't like this one. It's one of their weakest songs, I think.
- Pumped up Kicks. A classic.
- Call It What You Want. Great for dancing, fun to sing to.
- Don't Stop. Simply annoying.
- Waste. Great beat, likewise for Call it What you Want.
- I Would Do Anything For You. I will always love this song – this song is the primary reason why I bought this album!
- Houdini. Song is all right… Another single that I find a little annoying, actually.
- Life On The Nickel. Fun but the beat is kind of messy, it drives me a little bit nuts haha
- Miss You. This song is okay. The chorus is sweet and reminiscent of the Beatles…
- Warrant. Very long intro. This song annoys me too, especially the chorus.
- Broken Jaw. Nothing special.
- Love. Something eery about this one! Haha I like it.
- Chin Music For The Unsuspecting Hero. This song is quite dreery but I love it anyway. The chorus is nice.
- Pumped Up Kicks (bullet remix). A really good, mellow remix that doesn't attack you with base. The build-up to the chorus is well done.
- Houdini (rac remix). I'm not a fan of this. I never liked the original but I prefer it over this remix.
- Helena Beat (lenno extended remix). This is a great remix!
- Call It What You Want (remix radio edit). This one is done so well, it is far from a cheap, quickly produced remix. Much of the lyrics are omitted but it's a good song to dance to.
The good songs in this album are suitable for parties where people can bob their head to the beat. The memorable songs (pumped up kicks, call it what you want, watste, etc) are also good to dance to in the morning when you're getting ready for the day (… Personal experience).
So you're wanting to know whether it's worth getting this 2 disc set- I would say no. I had listened to the 1st disc countless times but I've only listened to the 2nd disc twice (the 2nd time in order to write this review).
Also, my laptop can't read the CDs (there are 2 discs) but the CDs still play on stereos/DVD players/any CD readable format. It's a pain because it prevents me from putting it onto an mp3.