Warcraft: The Beginning
The peaceful realm of Azeroth stands on the brink of war as its civilization
faces a fearsome race of invaders: orc warriors fleeing their dying home to
colonize another. As a portal opens to connect the two worlds, one army faces
destruction and the other faces extinction. From opposing sides, two heroes are
set on a collision course that will decide the fate of their family, their
people, and their home.
BLU-RAY™ EXCLUSIVES (Available on Blu-ray editions):
- WARCRAFT: Bonds of Brotherhood Motion Comic: Take an
interactive journey through the official WARCRAFT graphic novel with a
never-before-seen motion comic that brings the story of the film’s young
heroes – Prince Llane, Captain Lothar and Guardian Medivh – to life in
this unique experience.
- The World of Warcraft on Film: The “World of Warcraft”
is much more than just a game – it is a cultural phenomenon as documented in
this comprehensive multi-part feature focused on bringing the unique environs of
WARCRAFT to film:
- The World of Talent: Fans can learn more about the casts’
reactions to being a part of the WARCRAFT film, how they prepared for their role
and the challenges they encountered during filming.
- The World of VFX: The WARCRAFT universe wouldn’t exist
without the tireless efforts of the VFX crew. Follow along with the filmmakers
as they tell the story of how WARCRAFT came to life through VFX.
- Outfitting a World: Learn how the filmmakers worked with
WETA workshop, Blizzard, and acclaimed costume designer Mayes Rubeo to create
the weaponry and armor that must be familiar and otherworldly at the same time,
all while creating a unique aesthetic for the film.
- The World of MOCAP: An overview of the creation of the Orcs
and other digital characters from inception all the way through to the final
execution. Through extensive footage of the actors in their MOCAP suits and live
in-camera renderings during production, the audience will see the incredible
effort that went into creating the Orcs.
- The World of Stunts: Though much of WARCRAFT was created
through extensive VFX, the fight scenes and stunts had to be very real. In this
featurette, fans can learn more about the extensive fight choreography and stunt
work that fueled the film’s action from beginning to end.
- Madame Tussauds’ Featurette: Featurette on the making of
the WARCRAFT wax figures by Madame Tussauds.
- WARCRAFT Teaser: An early teaser which premiered at San
Diego Comic-Con in 2013.
BLU-RAY™ AND DVD BONUS FEATURES:
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Origin Story
- The Fandom of WARCRAFT: Delve into the history and breadth
of the fandom behind the game and film, as well as the way it has influenced pop
- ILM: Behind the Magic of WARCRAFT: See some of the
groundbreaking facial capture technology utilized by Industrial Lights &
Magic to convey the emotion and depth of the visually impressive Orc characters
in the film.
Includes free downloadable game content:
- Hearthstone Medivh Hero
- Warcraft Digital Copy
- Heroes of the Storm Gul'dan hero
- " One of the few movies that are worth a watch in 3D: it's visually
breathtaking. " – Ricardo Gallegos
- " In the end, as a non-player of the game I was pleasantly surprised by
how much I liked the film. " – Ard Vijn
- " The fact that director Duncan Jones has hammered any kind of story out
of one of the most popular videogames of all time is impressive, but Warcraft
goes one better and manages to be pretty damn entertaining. " –
Phil W. Bayles