Learn to change the emotional bad habits that make you unhappy.- Recognize Your Emotional Bad Habits (and start to break them)
- Throw Off Your Security Blanket (and accept that you can have happiness)
- Talk Tenderly To Yourself (and increase self-esteem)
- Use The "To You-Ness To Me-Ness" Technique (and respond to negative comments with firm conviction, not rage)
- Get Rid Of The Imposter Phenomenon (and stop devaluing yourself)
- Accept Praise (and cease being your own worst critic)
- Stop Measuring Your Self
Penelope Russianoff was a psychotherapist and the author of Why Do I Think I Am Nothing Without a Man? and When Will I Be Happy? She died in 2000.