Mighty Ape can deliver this product within 1-2 business days
(usually overnight) to urban centres across Australia, and some remote areas.
using standard courier delivery
Math with Lego(R) and Brainers is a series of colorfully-illustrated, engaging, and fun math workbooks, that motivates students to gain confidence on all levels of math problem-solving; builds conceptual deeper understanding of math and geometry problems and creative and analytical thinking. Topics laid out in the national Common Core State Standards, enriched with step-by-step strategies implemented by Brainers, appeal to every student. The problems evolve and become more challenging through excitement, adventure, and Olympiad Math; sparking students' desire to learn, play, explore, and think. Real-life situations, together with algorithms, diagrams, and tables, help students smoothly and logically work their way to multi-step problems, fluency and strengthening in mental calculations skills, and test preparations. Brainers used in a comical way help students work independently, hold their interest, and present step-by-step solutions for any math problem or strategy. Each student will find his own way to success in math, geometry, science, and creating a STEM mindset.
Where to start:
An advanced or interested in math 2nd grader may start at Grades 2-3 if they are in 2nd grade.
If math is a challenging subject, start at Grades 2-3 if they are in 3rd grade.
MATH with LEGO and BRAINERS makes the foundations for students' success in MATH and Geometry:
- Common Core State Standards
- preparation for standardized tests such as SCAT(R), CogAT(R), and etc.
- full math and geometry curriculum that covers each grade level in great depth
- procedural fluency
- modeling and building with Lego bricks
- using and creating tables and diagrams for future programming skills
- numerous number sense strategies
- step-by-step strategies
- I-approach word problem strategies
- information coding (color-, border-, line coding)
- alive, engaging, and fun explanations with Brainers
- a good training for teachers in how to explain math concepts
- no lengthy teaching manuals for parents and teachers
- favorite children's font
- answers with step-by-step solutions.
Our Approach Focuses on:
- all kids are gifted
- conceptual understanding
- reasoning, critical thinking skills
- creative-thinking skills
- STEM mindset growth
- visualization and play
- creating a foundation in how numbers work
- multi-step word problem strategies
- Olympiad math
- puzzles, brainteasers, game situations
- open, purposeful questions.
We are a dedicated team of teachers coming from a variety of teaching backgrounds across disciplines. Our teachers' credentials include Ph.Ds. and Masters in math, education, and social studies, and teaching experience of 20 plus years. We have brought together our vast and fulfilling teaching experience of kids from 4-year-olds to college students.