using standard courier delivery
Is your sensitive preschooler starting school soon?
Do you want your child to THRIVE, and not just 'cope'?
You are not alone.
Every child is unique, and therefore every child has unique needs.
But what if your school starter's subtle differences set them apart from their peers?
As your child prepares to start school, are you worried about:
- How your anxious child will manage at 'big school'?
- How teachers will handle your child's emotional or behavioural vulnerabilities?
- The effect your complex family could have on your child's education?
- The impact of your child's learning, social or sensory processing challenges?
- Your unfamiliarity with Australian schools and where you fit in?
Take heart, because School Ready is the 'sensitive' school readiness guide you've been looking for. Filled with practical advice, strategies, resources and templates for parents and teachers of children with unique needs, School Ready offers common-sense ideas to help your child (and you!) make a happy, successful start to primary school. This book will equip you to:
- Evaluate schools and make the right choice for your child
- Build strong, positive relationships with teachers and other parents
- Collaborate with the school community to ensure your child succeeds
- Help your child have confidence in the classroom and playground
- Become a champion for your child so that your voice is heard at school
Written by award-winning teacher, business leader, parent educator and mum, Sonja Walker, School Ready provides solutions to the unique problems faced by families such as yours.
Sonja has been a teacher for 30 years, and is also the proud mum of a child with unique needs. She is the founder of Kids First Children's Services, an award-winning paediatric health and education practice in Sydney which has supported more than 11,000 children and families. Sonja leads an experienced team of psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and teachers, and together they support children aged 2 to 18 to get ready to meet the social, emotional and learning demands of preschool, school and life.