Sequential Read Up to 3,500 MB/s. Sequential Write Up to 3,200 MB/s.
Always Evolving SSD
The ultimate in performance, upgraded. Faster than the 970 EVO, the 970 EVO Plus is powered by Samsung’s latest V-NAND technology and firmware optimization. It maximizes the potential of NVMe bandwidth for superb computing.
Level up Performance
The 970 EVO Plus can reach sequential read/write speeds up to 3,500/3,300 MB/s2, up to 57%3 faster than the 970 EVO. Samsung’s latest V-NAND—which brings greater NAND performance and higher power efficiency—along with optimized firmware, a proven Phoenix controller, and Intelligent TurboWrite boost speeds.
The next advancement in NVMe SSD. The 970 EVO Plus fits up to 2TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components. Samsung†s innovative technology empowers you with the capacity to do more and accomplish more.
The new standard in sustainable performance. Get up to 1,200 TBW4 with a 5-year limited warranty for lasting performance. The 970 EVO Plus provides exceptional endurance powered by the latest V-NAND technology and Samsung’s quality.
Achieve a new level of drive confidence. Samsung’s advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO Plus enable remarkable heat dissipation. The Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to help minimize performance drops.
Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- General Feature
- Application: Client PCs
- 250GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor: M.2 (2280)
- Interface: PCIe Gen 3.0 × 4, NVMe 1.3
- Dimension (WxHxD): 80.15 × 22.15 × 2.38 (mm)
- Weight: Max 8.0 g Weight
- Storage Memory: Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- Controller: Samsung Phoenix Controller
- Cache Memory: Samsung 1GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- Special Feature
- TRIM Support: Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support: Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN Support: Not supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Sequential Read: Up to 3,500 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write: Up to 2,300 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 600,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 550,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 19,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 60,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Average Power Consumption (system level): Average: 6 W * Maximum: 9 W (Burst mode) * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Power consumption (Idle): Max. 30 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Allowable Voltage: 3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Installation Kit: Not Available
- Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited Warranty or 600 TBW Limited Warranty