The Barracuda family has earned awards and accolades around the globe. This is because Seagate has demonstrated a commitment to introduce technologies that allow people to work faster, do more, and feel great about making an investment in proven technology. And, for those who want the biggest, high performance drive available, the Barracuda choice is without peer.
Versatility at the Ready
Versatile and dependable, Seagate’s fierce BarraCuda drives are inspired by the past but ready for the future. BarraCuda 2.5-inch drives, in 7mm and 15mm z-heights, are a cost-effective way to handle all your PC needs.
Multi-Tier Caching Technology
All hard drives in the BarraCuda family come equipped with Multi-Tier Caching Technology (MTC). MTC takes your PC to new performance levels. By applying intelligent layers of NAND Flash, DRAM and media cache technologies, BarraCuda delivers improved read and write performance by optimizing data flow, allowing you to load apps and files faster than ever before.
Store it all. With capacities up to 5TB, BarraCuda leads the market with the widest range of storage options available. With a 2.5-inch form factor, users can upgrade their laptop, mobile, external storage, or all-in-one PC systems with ease.
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- Bytes per Sector: Logical/Physical: 512/4,096
- Data Transfer Rate: Up to 140 MB/s
- Cache: 128 MB
- Spindle Speed (RPM): 5400 rpm
- Load/Unload Cycles: 600,000
- Head-Rest Method: QuietStep Ramp Load
- Non-Recoverable Read Errors Per Bits Read: Maximum 1 per 10E14
- Startup Current (5 V): 1.2 (+5 V / A)
- Read / Write Power: Average 1.6 W / 1.7 W
- Idle Power: Average 0.45 W
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C)
- Non-Operating Temperature: –40 to 158°F (-40 to 70°C)
- Shock Operating: 400 Gs, 2 ms, Non-Operating: 1,000 Gs, 1 ms
- Acoustic:s 2.0 Idle, typical (bels-sound power), 2.2 Seek, typical (bels-sound power)
- Dimensions: 0.27 × 2.7 × 3.9" (0.68 × 6.8 × 9.9 cm)
- Weight: 3.2 oz (90 g)