Incredible speeds plus rock-solid reliability
Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s, this SSD is 10× faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system.
Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is built with Flash memory. There are no moving parts, making it less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It is also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
A400 gives you all the space you need for applications, videos, photos and other important documents. You can also replace your hard drive or a smaller SSD with a drive big enough to hold all your files. This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads and is not intended for server environments.
- Fast start-up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Large capacity with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
10× faster than a hard drive
With incredible read/write speeds, the A400 SSD will not only increase performance but
can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
A400 is shock and vibration resistant for rugged reliability when used in notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
Ideal for desktops and notebooks
A400 comes in 2.5” 7mm form factor to fit in a wide array of systems. It is ideal for
thin and light notebooks with limited space.
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacity: 960GB
- NAND: 3D
- Baseline Performance:
- Data Transfer (ATTO): up to 500MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write
- Power Consumption: 0.195W Idle / 0.279W Avg / 0.642W (MAX) Read / 1.535W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: –40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 41.9g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW): 300TB