A comprehensive guide to the weather, climate, and their impact on human life.
* Two chronologies, one on significant weather events in U.S. history and one on weather events throughout human history around the world
* An extraordinary visual program filled with photographs, illustrations, diagrams, and tables
* Numerous activities in each volume, including experiments, simulations, discussion questions, and problems
* Extensive bibliography of print and online resources for further exploration
* A complete glossary of key terms
Angus M. Gunn is professor emeritus at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, and author of a number of books on education and environmental science.