Exam Board: AQA
Level & Subject: GCSE English Language, GCSE English Literature
First teaching: September 2015 First exams: June 2017
Teach AQA's GCSEs in English Literature and English Language as one coherent course with Student Books that help students to build and apply the skills that underpin both qualifications.
* Offer your students the right level of challenge. The Core Student Book provides an excellent foundation in the skills and knowledge required for both courses.
* Help all students make good progress. Each chapter follows the hierarchy of skills and knowledge in the mark schemes, so students have a clear sequence of learning. End-of-chapter `Apply your skills' practice tasks, annotated answers and self-assessment guidance helps students understand how to improve their work.
* Get to grips with the new specifications with expert suggestions from leading professionals as to how you could plan and teach the course. Our practical, ready-made resources can be used in your first years of teaching the specifications, and edited and adapted to your
* Save time updating your English Language resources with our comprehensive selection of passages from nineteenth- to twenty-first century literature and literary non-fiction, perfect for building students' confidence in tackling unseen texts.
* Engage all learners with a rich and exciting approach to English Literature that takes students step-by-step through the fundamentals of how to analyse, interpret and write
critically about literature to provide a starting point for your own in-depth exploration of your chosen set texts.
Sarah Darragh has worked in English education and assessment for over twenty years, and is an experienced teacher, trainer and writer of educational titles.
Jo Heathcote is a highly experienced English Language and Literature classroom practitioner and a GCSE assessment expert. Jo is a practising teacher in Manchester, who has published resources and delivered training in all aspects of the Key stage 4 curriculum.
Mike Gould is a former Head of English and Senior Lecturer in Education who has written over 150 books and digital resources for students and teachers, including Grammar for GCSE English and the bestselling Collins Cambridge IGCSE English series.