In the not-so-far future the polar ice caps have melted and the resulting raise of the ocean waters has drowned all the coastal cities of the world. Withdrawn to the interior of the continents, the human race keeps advancing, reaching to the point of creating realistic robots (called mechas) to serve him. One of the mecha-producing companies builds David, an artificial kid which is the first to have real feelings, especially a never-ending love for his "mother", Monica. Monica is the woman who adopted him as a substitute for her real son, who remains in cryo-stasis, stricken by an incurable disease. David is living happily with Monica and her husband, but when their real son returns home after a cure is discovered, his life changes dramatically. A futuristic adaptation of the tale of Pinocchio, with David being the "fake" boy who desperately wants to become "real".
- Documentary on bringing A.I. to the screen
- Interviews with Steven Spielberg, Haley Joel Osment and Jude Law
- Newly-produced behind-the-scenes featuretts on the making of A.I.
- Interview with Sound Designer Gary Rydstrom at Skywalker Ranch
- A visit to Stan Winston Studios with early "Teddy" footage
- Interviews with Lucasfilm's ILM special effects group
- Trailers, storyboards, drawings and hundreds of photos approved by Steven Spielberg for this release
- And much, much more!